A fundamental principle of providing insurance for design professionals is to offer timely and useful risk management. Greyling, as Program Administrator for the ACEC BIT Program, helps clients identify and mitigate risk proactively on an enterprise basis while sharing information with individual firm members to identify and manage risk when it materializes.
Navigating risk in the construction industry can be both time-consuming and confusing. Contract review and negotiation is a key component of any engineering firm’s efforts to mitigate risk on professional services projects.
Greyling has partnered with The Hartford to provide immediate access to a host of relevant risk management resources. To access these materials, please visit the resources to the right.
THE GREYLING BRIEF
- Vol. 1, issue 1 – Workers Compensation Audits
- Vol. 1, issue 2 – Scope of Professional Services
- Vol. 1, issue 3 – Small Business Insurance
- Vol. 1, issue 4 – Picking the Right Limit for PLI
- Vol. 1, issue 5 – Preparing for Hurricanes and Other Crises
- Vol. 1, issue 10 – Finding Liability Coverage for Damaged Data
- Vol. 2, issue 1 – Contractual Indemnification
Contract review and negotiation is an important part of developing a client relationship and in accepting work. To mitigate risk on professional services projects, it is often helpful to have a risk management professional review your contract and offer suggestions. Greyling has exceptional internal personnel capable of providing fast and meaningful comments on contracts, in addition to offering access to resources through The Hartford and various professional liability carriers.
Contact Greyling at firstname.lastname@example.org to request review of a professional services contract.
You can also review key issues affecting engineering professional services contracts by accessing our webinar on this topic, “What Every Engineer Should Look For in a Professional Services Agreement.”
THE GREYLING REPORT
- Design Firm Risk & Insurance: 21 Predictions for 2021
- Vol. 1, issue 1 – Rental Cars
- Greyling Guide – Rules of the Rental Road
- Vol. 1, issue 2 – Collections Without Counterclaims
- Vol. 1, issue 3 – Pre-Claims Assistance
- Vol. 1, issue 4 – Mergers and Acquisitions
- Vol. 1, issue 5 – Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligence Checklist
- Vol. 1, issue 7 – Doing Business in a Foreign Country
- 03/17/2021 – Cyber2021: Cyber Risk and Insurance for Engineering Professionals
- 02/11/2021 – How Will The Covid-19 Vaccine Change Your Firm in 2021?
- 12/16/2020 – Design Professionals Risk Impacted by Changing Technology and Inexperience
- 06/17/2020 – They Agreed (or did not Agree) to DO WHAT?
- 06/09/2020 – An Overview of Insurance Coverage for COVID-19 Impacts
- 03/11/2020 – How to Avoid a Professional Liability Claim, and What to Do When a Claim Does Arise
- 06/05/2019 – Cyber Liability Part 2
- 03/13/2019 – Distracted Driving
- January 2019 – ACEC/MA Safety Forum
- 12/12/2018 – Five Must-have Cyber Coverages for Small Business Owners
- 6/28/2018 – What Every Engineer Should Look For in a Professional Services Agreement